ALDINE ISD BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE POLICY
Aldine ISD permits students to possess cell phone devices on campus to support student safety before and after school. Our policy requires supervision of students PK-grade 1 by adults at bus stops and for walkers. Cell phones are prohibited for students in grades PK-Grade 1.
Starting with the 2014-2015 school year, students are allowed to bring their own mobile computing devices to school for use in their classes. Aldine ISD will now be incorporating the use of such items as laptops, iPads, tablets and cell phones with browsing capabilities for educational purposes only.
Any parent who wishes that their child use a personally owned electronic device within Aldine Independent School District (AISD) must read and agree to the following policy.
- The student is responsible for the security and proper care of their personal device, including any costs of repair, replacement or any modifications needed to use the device at school.
- AISD is not responsible for any damage or theft that may occur.
- Violations of any Board policies, administrative procedures or school rules involving a student’s personally owned device will result in the loss of use of the device in school and/or disciplinary action as stated in the cell phone policy.
- Technology may be used at the discretion of the teachers as their lessons warrant - the student must comply with teachers’ request to shut down the device.
- Devices should not be used at lunch, recess, or gym class as stated in cell phone policy
- The student will not use the devices to record, transmit or post photos or video of a person or persons on campus.
- No images or video recorded at school can be transmitted or posted at any time without the express permission of a teacher.
- The student will only use their device for educational purposes.
- The student MUST use the district’s public and Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2011 (CIPA) compliant wireless network.
- The use of 3G/4G wireless connections is prohibited.
- The student should have full working knowledge of how to use their device.
- Teachers are not responsible for the training and use of student devices.